The Jordaan District is one of the most important tourist places in Amsterdam, as it is located in the middle of the city and near many tourist places.
The Jordaan neighborhood includes many old houses, restaurants, cafes and shops, as well as distinctive canals.
The history of the establishment of this neighborhood and its old homes goes back to the seventeenth century, and it was inhabited at this time by the working class and immigrants, but now the Jordaan district has become one of the most important tourist destinations in the Netherlands.
The best activities in the Jordaan neighborhood in Amsterdam
• Many tourists like to wander inside the ancient Jordaan district of Amsterdam and get to know what it contains of old houses worth seeing, water channels running next to you and other landmarks of the famous neighborhood, so wandering only inside the Jordaan neighborhood is a special pleasure.
• One of the most important old houses in the Jordaan neighborhood, which was turned into a museum, is the Anne Frank House, which is the house in which Anne Frank lived inside the bunker for two years during World War II. The museum contains photographs and documents documenting this period and its events.
• You can try one of the cafes or restaurants in the Jordaan neighborhood, some of which overlook the water channels and others overlook the ancient Jordan streets, and it is worth noting that the oldest café within the neighborhood is Café Chris, you may want to try it.
• The most important thing that you can do in the Jordaan district is to shop among many choices of shops and local and international products. The most famous thing you can buy is Dutch cheese, sweets, clothes and also jewelry.
• And do not forget to take a fun river cruise inside one of the boats that you can rent to take you on a trip around the interesting neighborhood of Jordan and its most important features.
Finally, you have to take some memorial photos of the beautiful Jordaan neighborhood and its most important landmarks, especially the river channels and the wonderful old houses.