The streets of Bahrain: a guide to the most important squares and streets of Bahrain
Bahrain has a well-developed road network, particularly in Manama. Streets and squares play a prominent role in facilitating movement between parts of the country, and the streets of Bahrain are characterized by a high level of organization and cleanliness.
The most famous streets of Bahrain
Al Fateh Street
Al-Fateh Street is located north of the capital, Manama, overlooking the Arabian Gulf, linking bridges leading to Muharraq. It is named after Ahmed Al-Fateh, the first ruler of Bahrain. Among its most prominent landmarks are the Ahmed Al-Fateh Mosque and the Bahrain National Museum.
It is the same Sheikh Khalifa Street parallel to the Government Street, and it starts behind the Pearl Cinema “Al-Gosaibi”, and passes near the old fish market behind the City Center building, and passes through “Bab Al Bahrain” and the Kano building, and in front of it. From the former Kerry Mackenzie Building, the “Orphan Centre”, it continues up to the Old Court and the present Diving Museum, and ends in front of the British Consulate, formerly the current Embassy.
This street was called Briar on the grounds that the idea of establishing this street was his idea and implemented at his insistence. Therefore, it was named after the public street in 1932 AD.
Youth Street in Juffair
Juffair is one of the most prominent tourist areas in the Kingdom of Bahrain, and includes a large number of hotels and hotel apartments. On the sea coast that separates it from the island of Muharraq, and tourist facilities are spread in Juffair, and among the most prominent of these facilities frequented by visitors and tourists (Al Shabab Street).
This street has many advantages, as it is one of the most prominent roads in Bahrain that is full of cafes and restaurants, but what distinguishes this large number of restaurants and cafes is that it is adjacent to a distance of up to hundreds of meters and includes indoor and indoor spaces. Mostly outdoor seating and balconies. What also distinguishes it is that most of them are open 24 hours (all day), which makes the movement on this street active, especially on weekends and at different times of the night.
Read also: The best tourist places in Bahrain
The Pearl Roundabout Officially, the Gulf Cooperation Council Roundabout is located in the Bahraini capital, Manama, and forms one of the most important main squares in the capital. The region witnessed the establishment of the first express line for cars in the Kingdom.
While the memorial was inaugurated in 1982 on the occasion of the third Gulf summit held in Manama 1982, this roundabout constitutes a major artery for movement within Manama through its five entrances coming from the southern, central and northern governorates, and even those. Coming from the south of the capital.
This name came from the name of the alternate British commissioner, Cyril Janson Barrett, who was appointed on September 14, 1926 AD, and held office until April 28, 1929 AD. After that, he was appointed to the highest political position from April 28, 1929 until November 8, 1929.
Bab Al Bahrain Street is the most famous street since a long time ago. It was called Barrett Street.. That was a historical fact. That street used to start in front of the Bab al-Bahrain building, pass through shops and shops, and cross the “Al-Masqaf” street, which was called the central part of it, and which was removed about 20 years ago. Barrett Street intersects with Sheikh Abdullah Street and passes the funerals of Mudon and Al-Qassab, Al-Khawaja Mosque and the funeral of the Great Ajam until it ends opposite the Church of the Sacred Heart.
Al Muntazah Street
It is the same as the current Qassim Bin Mahzaa Street, which is located in the middle of the most densely populated area in Manama. The street starts from the castle of the Ministry of the Interior. This street separates many popular neighborhoods. And it separates to the right the “Al-Mashbar” neighborhood and the “Leki” neighborhood, which are the lower southern part and the central part of the Al-Mukharja neighborhood.
To the left of Park Street is the “Zari” district, or as it is known, the “Karndor” district. As for the middle of the extension of the street, it separates from the right side between the “Al-Jami’” neighborhood and the “Al-Ajam” neighborhood, which are two parts of the “Al-Makharouqa” neighborhood. On the left was the Basra district. Park Street ends at the intersection of Sheikh Abdullah Street.
It is the same Sheikh Issa Street, located east of Old Manama. It starts north of Sheikh Khalifa Street and Al Fadhel Mosque near the Belgrave House itself. He used to move between the “Al-Fadl” neighborhood with its many branches, such as “Al-Ali”, “Al-Sharqi”, “Al-Muqbil” and “Al-Ajam Al-Qadim” neighborhoods. On the left, it is bordered by the current “Kano”
It is preferred to visit the street to enjoy the nightlife and nightlife there.
Pearl Road in Bahrain
The Pearling Road in Bahrain is a 3.5 km long road located on the island of Muharraq in Bahrain that was used by pearl divers during most of Bahrain’s history until the early 1930s when the pearl market in Bahrain collapsed as a result of the introduction of the rise of industrial pearls from Japan.
Pearl fishing began in Bahrain since 2000 BC. It consists of 17 buildings and 3 oyster incubators located near the sea and part of the coast and Bu Maher Castle at the southern end of Muharraq. The road was approved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site on June 30, 2012 and is Bahrain’s second World Heritage Site after Qal’at al-Bahrain.